Erin Sampson, Australian Latte Champion provides some great tips on buying and storing your coffee beans in this short video.
- Do look for a roast date on the bag. Fresh is best and as a guide buy within a maximum of 30 days after roast date.
- Store your coffee away from air, light, heat and moisture. Try a commercial grade bean cannister like the Miir and enjoy 20% off for a limited time.
- Have fun and explore different blends and microlots
- Avoid beans with a best before or used by date
- Don’t store all your beans in the grinder hopper. Just store enough for a few days.
- Don't forget to clean your grinder to avoid oil building up over time from beans.
Need more info?
View our blog post regarding all your questions on coffee freshness here. For more tips and tricks check out our range of videos on our Learn page.