In this video Australian Latte Art Champion, Erin Sampson demonstrates how to texture milk to create a silky, smooth mouthfeel and a sweeter latte, cappuccino or milk-based beverage.
What you will need
- Fresh cold milk or your choice of alternate milk
- Freshly prepared espresso shots
- Milk jugs
- Espresso machine
- Fill your jug up to the halfway mark. This will leave enough room to create foam and a silky texture
- Purge your steam wand to release any residual water
- Position the steam wand at the 3 o’clock position to create a spinning motion
- Focus on the height of the milk jug. The steam wand should sit right on the surface of the milk. Listen out for a ‘hissing sound’
- Milk temperature affects the taste of coffee. The ideal temperature range is 60 to 65 degrees.
- After texturing your milk, you will want to use it straight away. Split some of your milk into a smaller milk jug to help with foam ratios and be sure to spin the milk before pouring.
Check out our Learning Hub for more Coffee M.A.D.E Easy Videos.