- 58.55mm, stepped -edge ensuring maximum surface coverage, without suction
- High-grade Stainless Steel
- Adjustable height spacers for comfort and support
- Ergonomically shaped handle
- High-Grade Stainless Steel Flat Base
- Compression Cone
- Lifetime warranty
- 58.55mm stepped base constructed of 440c hardened stainless steel
- Soft-touch rubber grip
- Black-coloured compression cone
- Supplied with three interchangeable spacers –offers 15mm of height adjustments to suit any hand
- Manufactured in Australia
Why you need to invest in a Pullman Barista Tamper
Making great espresso requires precision and attention to detail, and the Pullman Barista Tamper is an essential tool for achieving that perfection. Here are all the reasons why getting this tamper is a wise decision for anyone serious about making great espresso:
You'll get better-tasting espresso
For perfectionists who demand the best possible tasting espresso shot - our calibrated tamper ensures you get a 100% PERFECT TAMP EVERY TIME. The tamper's 58.55mm stepped flat base provides an even, consistent tamp, with greater coverage ensuring even extraction of the coffee grounds. The adjustable height rings along with, the ergonomic handle and non-slip material provide a comfortable and secure grip, reducing the risk of injury or strain. With the Pullman Barista Tamper, you can enjoy better-tasting espresso with a smoother, richer flavour and crema.
It's made of high quality food-safe stainless steel
One of the most important features of the Pullman Barista Tamper is that it is made of food-safe stainless steel. This means that the tamper is completely safe to use with food and will not react with the coffee or alter its taste in any way. Stainless steel is a durable, long-lasting material that is easy to clean and maintain, making it the perfect choice for a coffee tamper. The high-quality stainless steel used in the Pullman Barista Tamper is also resistant to rust and corrosion, ensuring that your tamper will last for years to come.
It can save you time and money
Investing in the Pullman tamper can actually save you time and money in the long run. With the tamper’s 58.55mm stepped edge you can ensure maximum coverage and consistent tamping with every shot, reducing the need for re-tamping or re-brewing, which can be both time-consuming and wasteful. Additionally, the tamper's durability means it will last for years, saving you money in the long run compared to cheaper, less durable tampers that may need to be replaced frequently. The Pullman Barista Tamper also reduces the risk of injury or strain with its ergonomic handle and non-slip material, which can prevent costly accidents in the workplace.
It's from a brand trusted by expert Baristas
The Pullman brand is dedicated to producing high-quality products that meet the needs of baristas at every level, from home baristas to professional coffee shops. Pullman uses only the highest quality materials in their products, such as food-safe stainless steel, ensuring durability, and safety. Additionally, Pullman is known for their attention to detail, with every product undergoing rigorous testing and quality control checks to ensure that it meets the company's high standards. The Pullman Barista Tamper, for example, has adjustable depth gauges, customisable bases, and a range of sizes to fit any portafilter basket. Overall, Pullman's commitment to quality, precision, and customisation has made them a reputable and trusted brand among baristas worldwide.
How to use the Pullman Barista Tamper
To use the Pullman Tamper properly, it's crucial to follow the correct tamping technique to ensure a purely vertical movement. To begin the tamping process, stand side on to the countertop and hold the tamper with a straight wrist and elbow at a right angle. Placing the tamper straight over the coffee in the portafilter, push the tamper down ensuring to lean your body weight on the tamper to apply an even and level amount of pressure. No need to twist or tap the tamper on the side of the basket as this can cause cracks in the puck and lead to uneven extraction.
Pay attention to your foot spacing, the distance from the countertop, and the speed at which you tamp and remove the tamper from the basket, as these factors can affect your technique.
Achieving consistency may require some practice, but if you keep all these steps in mind, you can achieve a level tamp every time.
How to keep your Pullman Barista Tamper in top condition
- Your tamper is a very important tool for extraction, so you must treat it accordingly.
- Always keep your tamper on rubber, cloth or a soft surface as hard knocks or scratches can damage the base surface and compromise its precision by providing a perfect tamping
- Pullman can re-polish or resurface the base from minor surface scratches if needed.
- Clean your tamper by wiping it with a dampened cloth. Do not submerge or clean with any commercial or harsh cleaners.
- Wood handles are treated with Danish Oil which can be reapplied if the tamper is drying out due to heavy use, but make sure it is done in stages, always wiping any excess oil off during the process to ensure an even application.