In this video Australian Latte Art Champion, Erin Sampson shows you step by step how to pour a heart with perfectly textured milk
What you will need
- Fresh cold milk or your choice of alternate milk
- Freshly prepared espresso shots
- Different sized milk jugs
- Espresso machine
- Once you have perfectly textured your milk its important to use it straight away.
- Spin or swirl your milk to create a glossy texture. You can also swirl the espresso shot to break up any oils which will ensure the coffee and milk incorporate evenly
- Tilt your cup slightly and start pouring in your textured milk high and slow. Move around in small circles to avoid washing out the crema.
- At two thirds full, stop pouring and drop the jug down low so the tip of the jug is in the centre of the cup, almost touching the surface of the crema. Tip- Tilt the cup to get in nice and close
- Increase the flow and wiggle the jug from side to side to help create momentum and some texture to your heart
- Finish off by bringing the tip of the jug away from the surface of your coffee and cutting through to create your heart
To explore more coffee content click below
Or check out our Learning Hub for more Coffee M.A.D.E Easy Videos.